2017 was the year of visual content marketing, and we have already seen the same trend at 2018. Things have changed rapidly across almost all major social platforms including FB, Snapchat, Instagram & Twitter. Videos are now another powerful tool for visual content marketing. People now love visual content to express & share their feelings. Brands are now also using visual content marketing to communicate quickly & efficiently.
To keep pace with the trend of visual content marketing, let’s take a look at different marketing statistics. These statistics demonstrate the importance & impact on reach, sales & engagement. These statistics are collected from various studies. Let’s get started,
1. 37% of digital marketers prefer visual content marketing 2nd only to blogging.
2. 74% of marketers use visual content as their main tool for social media marketing.
3. People can retain 65% of the information shown to them if a relevant image is paired with the information.
4. Visual content marketing is more preferred by the B2C market than the B2B market.
5. By 2019, 80% of all internet traffic will be represented by the video content.
6. 76.5% of small business owners & marketers said that video marketing had a direct impact on their business.
7. Pre-produced video content will be critical to content marketing success in 2017.
8. 4X Consumers would prefer watching a video about a product rather than reading about it.
9. More than 70% marketers and small business entrepreneurs said about their planning to increase their investment in video content marketing in 2018.
10. In 2017, 64% B2B marketers rated video content as an effective tactic for content marketing.
11. 19% open rates & 65% clickthrough rates can be achieved by using the word “video” on the email subject.
12. According to HubSpot survey, 43% of consumers prefer video content in 2017.
13. In 2017, 19% marketers have used live video for marketing.
14. Watching live video is now a trend for Fb user in 2017. It has increased by 3X more time.
15. Mobile devices are used to play 51% of all videos. It has been increased 15% from 2015 & 203% from 2014.
16. 55% of total videos played on the smartphone are under 5 minutes length.
17. 29% more people view the 360-degree video than the traditional format.
18. 85% consumers watch videos on multiple devices
19. People spend more time watching information-carrying images. If they find it relevant and informative, readers spend more time watching them than reading text on the same page.
20. Infographics are shared three times more than any other type of content.
21. Use of infographic content on B2B marketing has been increased from 50% to 58%
22. 32% people find text with illustration more helpful than plain text
23. Tweets with pictures get 150% more retweets than plaint tweets of text.
24. Articles with images get double the social share.
25. Social post with images gets 2.5 times more engagement than post without images.
26. Every day more than 110 years of live videos are enjoyed.
27. Instagram has more than 500 million users(June 2016)
28. Facebook is the most important social media platform for 55% digital marketers.
29. More than 85% FB videos are played without sound.
30. 8 billion is played on Facebook every day by its users.
31. 10 billion videos are watched every day on Snapchat
32. More than 9,000 pictures are shared in every second at Snapchat
33. Organic engagement is higher on Facebook with videos & photos.
34. 44% of women user use Pinterest
35. User referred to Pinterest spend $80 where Facebook referral average of $40 on Shopify.
36. On Pinterest, over 80% pins are re-pins.
37. Half of the YouTube user watch new videos from their favorite channel regularly.
38. An average user online gets distracted in eight seconds.
39. 81% of online user read only 20-28% of words during a visit on average.
40. The first impression is created within mere 50 milliseconds.
41. 84% of total communication will be visual by 2018.
42. By 2018, 79% of total internet traffic will be video content.
43. The chance of buying a product increases by 85% after viewing a product video.
44. Tumblr user base (active) has grown by 120%.
45. 30% visuals are created by in-house.
Nowadays writing a superb content means providing an eye-catching & relevant visual with it. Most of the digital marketers use the in-house visualizer to create stunning visuals. You can take help from different platforms online. These platforms opened the competition.
We have also learned that to stay in the competition; you need to focus on different social platforms. Social platforms mean all of them including FB, Pinterest, G+, Twitter, and Youtube. These statistics show us who we need to start and where we need to focus. The most effective strategy is to create more visual content because they are easy to digest. You can put the most important information of your content to a visual and show them with the text. Days of using boring stock images are over. If you prefer outsourcing, then freelancers can produce visuals at an affordable price. With the help of Canva, Venngage, and PiktoChart, creating outstanding visuals are on your fingertip.
To create videos, you don’t need professional crews and studio setup. A good mobile camera is sometimes enough. Most of the successful youtube contributor or Vlogger use GoPro, a cheap camera. GoPro can produce HD video, and this will be the best choice.
Marketing trend is changing rapidly. What is now working perfectly can be useless within 5-6 months. A careful investment can confirm your success in future.